Tuesday 6 May 2014

Kitty Kingdom - Grass

In previous projects I have experimented with different methods of producing grass within a scene however I have not yet found a method that I am happy with as I have not been able to produce a high quality realistic grass.

I think that this is in important aspect of the scene as it is the base for the entire landscape. I am going to dedicate some time to this as I want to push and develop my skills especially as this is an area I have not yet conquered. As far as I am aware there are a few ways to create grass, I have tried them all such as a grass texture or using the Paint Effects tool however I discovered a method involving using Fur which appears to be the best method for Maya and Mental Ray therefore I am going to experiment with this in detail. I have tried other methods however they are not the standard that I want. I received some feedback from my lecturer that it looked too much like carpet.


So I decided to start experimenting with Fur, this is a test shot so I was able to see what it looked like. I think that this is definitely a step in the right direction. I am going to research and experiment more to produce exactly what I am looking for 


No comments:

Post a Comment