Tuesday 4 March 2014

Environment Design - 'Kitty Kingdom'

As 'Kitty Kingdom' is a fantasy world, this gives me freedom from the normal regulations of attempting to create a realistic environment, I am excited but nervous about this. I am looking forward to exploring my imagination and that of other peoples but this also makes referencing more difficult.

I have been advised to explore surrealism for this environment as I want to make it clear that it is a fantasy world and not a badly produced attempt of a realistic environment.

I have been questioning as many people as I can as to what they think Kitty Kingdom would look like and I have been keeping a record of their ideas. Many people have said that they imagine it to be fields filled with things cats love such as balls of yarn and cardboard boxes. I have been suggested ideas of trees that are scratching posts and rivers made of milk. I am going to combine my own ideas, my research and other peoples suggestions and produce a surreal environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment