Wednesday 5 February 2014

Research - Environments

I will have two environments within my animation, the initial environment being a kitchen scene and the second one being 'Kitty Kingdom'.

I have been researching kitchens and I am particularly drawn to the contemporary designs as I do not want to produce a standard, plain kitchen. As always I am striving to improve my skills therefore I want to push myself.

I have looked at many different examples of kitchens and have used them as inspiration and reference by combining ideas from different images as well as my own to create a concept. Here are some examples of the styles I have been looking at:







The second environment is 'Kitty Kingdom'. I think that this environment will be challenging as I have not yet created an environment that was not based on reality however, I do think that this will be enjoyable. I have searched several different phrases and am going to combine inspirational ideas to produce my perception of what a cats 'perfect world' would look like. I am also going to ask other people what their idea of kitty kingdom would be.









As I want Kitty kingdom to appear surreal. I need to also research into surrealism and surreal environments. I have several influences already such as Alice in Wonderland, The Lorax and The Cat Returns but I have research into more depth surreal and fantasy environments: 













This research has definitely contributed ideas to my idea of Kitty Kingdom. I am looking forward to creating the environment as by producing a surreal landscape I am able to create objects that I would not normally. 



No comments:

Post a Comment